SFTP via FileZilla Guide¶
FileZilla Client is a free, open source FTP client. It supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS) on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
In this tutorial, we will cover the basic setting to get you connected to CREATE HPC. You can obtain the latest version of the FileZilla from https://filezilla-project.org/
- Once installed you will need to import your key into filezilla. You can do this by navigating to the settings which may be under edit depending on the version of filezilla that you have.
- On the left tab, under the connection expandable you should see an option for SFTP. Click it.
- The right panel should have an option for you to "Add key file" near the bottom of the panel. Click it.
- Enter into your .ssh directory or which ever directory you saved the ssh key you use to ssh into CREATE.
- Open you private ssh key (without the .pub)
- You will get a message asking you to convert your key into a supported format. Click "Yes".
- Type your password for the file.
- Save your file within your ~/.ssh directory. Ensure you add the extention .ppk to the end of your file.
- Click OK
- Go to File -> Site Manager
- Click New site
- On the right hand panel. Choose:
- Potocol: SFTP
- HOST: hpc.create.kcl.ac.uk
- Logon Type: Key File
- User: Your K number
- Key File: Browse to the file you just converted.
- Click Connect